• What are your hours of operation?
We are open Monday through Friday from 9 am until 5:00 pm and on Saturdays by appointment only from 10:30 am until 3:30 pm. Please contact us if you would like to make an appointment.
• How can I contact you with questions?
You may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (201) 880-8000 or (888) 422-4655
• Where are you located?
Our distribution center is located at 538 Huyler Street, South Hackensack, New Jersey 07606. Our distribution center is easily accessible from Route 80. From Route 80 West Local, take Exit 65 (Green Street, Teterboro, South Hackensack). At the end of the exit ramp, turn Right onto Wesley Street. Take your first Right at the traffic light onto Huyler Street. Our distribution center will be on the Left, right next to the Park Avenue BMW Service Center. From Route 80 East Local, take Exit 65 (Green Street, Teterboro, South Hackensack). At the end of the exit ramp, turn Right onto North Street. Then turn Left onto Huyler Street. Our distribution center will be on the Left, right next to the Park Avenue BMW Service Center.
• Do you have a showroom where I can view your products?
Yes, we have a showroom. Please contact us at (201) 880-8000 or (888) 422-4655 to set up an appointment to view our products.
• What quality of material do you carry?
We only carry premium grade materials from Europe. None of our material comes from or is manufactured or cut in Eastern Asia. We are able to provide you with low prices because we own our own mosaic and tile factory overseas. There are no middle-men, suppliers or distributors involved in our transactions.
• Do you ship samples?
If you would like to view a sample before placing your full order, you can order a single tile or mosaic on our site. Unless you request a different delivery method during checkout, we will ship your sample order via FedEx Ground.
Natural stone is a product of nature and is therefore subject to natural variations of color, shading, veins, markings and texture from piece to piece. The typical variation of a stone is dependent upon the type of stone selected. No claims will be accepted after materials are fabricated or installed. We extend no guarantees; expressed or implied, as to slipperiness, wear resistance or maintenance procedures. All natural stone is subject to some wearing or scratching over time. Please keep in mind that our products have the highest quality in terms of material grade, surface processing and finish. Rest assured that you will not be getting any rejected or defective items.(Beware that in most of the listings online, commercial grade, defective or rejected materials are traded). Please make your comparisons keeping all these in mind and place your orders accordingly for your own benefit. Do not forget that you are making a long term investment which should last for a long period of time.
• Samples & Sampling Procedures:
- We very highly recommend that you get a sample of a product before committing to a large order. Natural stone products have quite a bit of variation in terms of colors, shading, finish, texture, etc.; regardless of which product you choose or where you get the items from. Therefore, it is always the best for you to personally get a sample and approve it before placing an actual order.
- ALL SAMPLES are NON-RETURNABLE. We only charge a small fee for our samples to cover shipping expenses. In fact, this fee does not fully cover the shipping costs we incur shipping your samples to you. Therefore, we are not able to accept returns on any sample items. (A SAMPLE is defined as an order consisting of a quantity of "1" of any given line item)
- ONLY 1 SAMPLE of EACH ITEM per HOUSEHOLD / ADDRESS IS ALLOWED. MULTIPLE SAMPLE ORDERS of the SAME ITEM PLACED BY THE SAME BUYER / HOUSEHOLD WILL NOT BE SHIPPED without our prior permission / approval. If you need multiple samples of a particular item, please reach us directly to get more information about this option.
- Please remember, samples are a way to help our customers make better decisions by seeing the item(s) in person for approval. In almost all cases, our samples are chosen in such a way to show the overall characteristics of the actual item. Therefore, a single sample of a particular item should be more than sufficient to get an idea about how that particular product looks & feels in real life. We do our very best to send samples that represent the overall characteristics of the item and the entire lot as a whole.
• Order Quantity Recommendations, Continuations & Add-ons:
- No matter how hard you try and what you do, estimating the exact amount of material you'll be needing is almost always impossible. Depending on several different factors (e.g. the layout of the installation area, desired tile patterning, the skillfulness of the installers, required cuts, etc.) it is always the best to get some additional materials to complete your project without running short on materials. Usually, getting 5-10% extra material would be sufficient in most cases but please talk to your professional tile setter or installer to come up with the exact quantities of material you will need for your project.
- Before placing your order, please make sure to carefully check how an item is sold and in what form it is being offered (e.g. full sheets, lots, sets, etc.) Also, be aware of the physical characteristics of the particular material you are working with. Some natural stone products will have more breakage or waste during installation and it is always best to keep this in mind and place your orders accordingly.
- Also, even from the same manufacturers, identical products that come in different shipments/lots may vary quite a bit in terms of shading and coloring. Even though we work with highly reliable manufacturers with large and consistent manufacturing capabilities, due to the nature of these products, variations are inherent and cannot be avoided. Therefore, when placing an order, please be very careful and try to order the correct quantity needed for the project as we cannot guarantee the same color/shade of tile on any orders placed at different times. Please try to combine all of your orders together and do your best to accurately anticipate the quantity of material needed for your project. This will help to avoid any future supply and " product matching" problems.
• Lead Time:
- Except for custom or hand-made items (and unless otherwise stated on a particular item listing page), all of our advertised items are in stock at all times and available for immediate shipping. Depending on the size and the contents of your order, most orders will be shipped in 1-3 business days. And depending on your location, you can expect to receive your order in 2-7 business days, in most cases. (Please refer to the specific item page and listing details for more information on a certain item and exceptions / exclusions). For specific questions and expedited shipping options, please contact us directly to get more information.
• Returns, Exchanges & Refunds:
- Unless otherwise stated (and except for the items listed below), all our items are returnable. To return an item, please contact us via e-mail email@example.com with your order details (e.g. customer name, order number, reason for return, etc.) to request a return authorization number(RMA number). No returns will be accepted or processed without prior written authorization.
- Your order can only be returned within 1 week (the “Return Period”) of receiving your order(s). We are forced to keep our return period relatively short since these are natural stone items and they can only be sold together with the corresponding lots that they belong to. The short return period helps us make sure that the returned items can still be combined with their original lots and can be sold together.
- www.CarraraTiles.com does not accept returns after the end of the Return Period and does not accept any claims once the products have been installed. As such, please inspect the contents of your order carefully upon receipt.
- All returned materials will be subject to a 15% re-stocking fee, which will be deducted from your refund. Shipping costs are NOT refundable and all return shipping costs are the customer’s responsibility. Please carefully package all materials in the original packaging for return. You will receive your refund, in the original method of payment, within a week of our receipt of the return and verification of the condition of the products.
- Unless the return is being originated because of an error on our end (e.g. due to the wrong product(s) being shipped), buyer will be responsible for ALL SHIPPING CHARGES, including the initial shipping charges that we originally incured to ship the products, as well as the return shipping charges that would be incurred to ship the product back to us. We provide FREE SHIPPING for orders over $1,000 to most of the East Coast states and FREE SHIPPING regardless of order amount to NY, NJ, CT. The prices offered to these states are "delivered" prices (unless otherwise stated), as long as the buyer keeps the product. In cases where a buyer wants to return / exchange a product because of any other reason other than the cases when a wrong item is shipped by us, the buyer will be responsible for all the shipping (and the other related) charges, as explained above. Therefore, please make sure that the products that you are ordering are exactly what you desire and want to use in your project. Unfortunately, the return process on big and heavy items such as ours is a very complicated, expensive and tiring process for all parties involved. Once again, we highly encourage getting samples beforehand to check out the item(s) for yourself in person. Pictures are not an adequate substitute and should only be used as a rough estimation.
- Only COMPLETE RETURNS are allowed. WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY PARTIAL RETURNS, under any circumstances. We enforce this policy to avoid hand-picking, sorting and choosing of our products. In natural stone, variations are an inherent and natural part of the product; and buyers need to be aware of these variations before placing their orders. That's why we strongly encourage getting samples and seeing the variations in the product, in the best way you can, in terms of colors, shading and texture. Some customers are not aware of these facts and would like to choose the colors / shades that they like the most and return the possibly undesired parts of their orders. Unfortunately, this is not possible as our materials are sold altogether, with all the colors being mixed naturally together, as they are observed in nature. (This does not mean that you would get unusable, low-quality items in your order. This restriction deals mostly with the colors and shading of the product. Other than that, our products are of the best quality available in today's market).
- Please note that any damage of the material MUST be reported within three (3) days of delivery of the order. Any claims made after this period will not be refunded and partial returns will not be accepted.
• Non-Returnable Non-Refundable / Restricted Items:
- All SAMPLES (Quantity of “1” of any line item)
- Custom / Hand-made Products
- All STANDARD QUALITY items offered with special pricing
- Special / custom orders (including non-stock items)
- Special ON-SALE / CLOSE-OUT items (as specified on the item listing pages)
- For smaller items, we use foam and layers of bubble wrap to pack our orders very carefully. For larger items, once again, we use very sturdy packaging materials while securing the items into strong wooden crates or pallets for the utmost safety in transit.
- For all your orders, a tracking number will be provided once the items get shipped to you. Please make use of the tracking number(s) to anticipate the estimated delivery date of your order. That way you can be proactively prepared for the delivery of your order and check the items as soon as they get delivered.
- Please immediately inspect the shipment(s), especially on the outside and see if you are noticing any visible damages. (If you happen to be at the delivery address at the time of the delivery and the delivery crew is still with you, please notify them about the visible damages and have them make notes on the delivery paperwork. This would make the overall claims process with the carrier much less complicated).
- You need to check the contents of your order right away and notify us of any damages, problems or discrepancies as soon as possible. You'll have 3 days to report any possible damages, problems or discrepancies, after receiving your order. (We will not accept any claims after that period as it becomes almost impossible to support your case with the carriers, especially in the case of damages, as they require timely evidence and communication).
If you have any additional questions or concerns that we have not addressed above, please do not hesitate to contact us any time via email. firstname.lastname@example.org